The Family - Summer, 2023

The Family - Summer, 2023
Love these people!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Another Week, Another Hebrew Quiz...

The score this week is Sally=1, Hebrew=1. I don't think I did very well on my quiz yesterday, and apparently I wasn't the only one. We had a number of vocabulary words along with numerous affixes,suffixes, and prefixes. What I don't get is, how is it you're supposed to recognize the word once it has the affix, suffix or prefix on it (along with all these other vowel changes that occur)! My brain is going to blow!
I started the week thinking I was ahead of the game, and then before I knew it I was scrambling to stay on top of things. I hate how that can happen!!!
Early in the week Kim started talking about how maybe he'd like to drive to Colorado to see the kids. I'm thinkin' yea, whatever...DRIVE to Colorado..we've been here all of like five weeks??!! So then he brought it up again on Wed. so I asked him when, exactly, he was thinking about going? His answer, "Tomorrow!" Ha! OH!! His argument was that when he gets back he'll get a job, and who knows when he'll ever have "vacation" time again. Which, is a pretty good argument.
So Kim left at 5am on Thursday and stopped that evening in Topeka, KS. He made it to Denver around 2:30 on Friday! Impressive! He's going to spend the weekend with Sarah, Rob & Rilo (and go to Rilo's swimming lesson with him today!), and then he, Sarah, and Rilo will drive over to GJ on Monday and probably go back to Denver on Wed. evening. He's gonna have serious car butt.
I had friends over again last night. Eight of us with popcorn, wine, and a birthday cake for our friend Jon. It was really fun.
Didn't get a small group officially started yet, but I'm talking to folks and they're interested, so I'm sure it'll get started when it's supposed to.
I've been chatting with my friend Sarah Tunall in GJ (she's been an intern the last couple of years at FPC and put off seminary this year for another year). She's Methodist and I'm trying to talk her into becoming Presbyterian and coming to PTS. Ha! Not real seriously on the denomination thing (she'd get more financial aid tho as a Presby), but I do think she'd really love it here. So she may be coming out for a visit after Thanksgiving!
My devotional life stinks currently. It's like the last thing I want to do is read anymore if I don't HAVE to...so I don't. At least I have to read Genesis for school, but my prayer life is very sporadic.
I'm so thankful for my church history class where we start each class praying for concerns or praises that people have. It's very real and very good. We also get emails from the Dean of Students for prayers for students which I pray over right then at the computer, but I'm not being very good at just sitting and spending time with God. Definitely something I could use prayer on.
It's a rainy day today unfortunately. I only have my feet or my bike to get around, so I'm not sure I'll be going anywhere anytime soon unless it lets up (but then no guarantee it will stay stopped). Around here it doesn't just rain and then stop - it may rain ALL DAY! So those of you in Colorado, appreciate the awesome weather you have!
I was really hoping to go to an Italian festival nearby in Bloomfield (maybe a couple of miles on the bike), but I'm not sure I want to chance it with the on-again off-again rain. We'll see how adventurous I get later on!
Charlie and I went for a big walk yesterday up the street in Highland Park. It's a HUGE park, and just gorgeous. It made me excited for when the leaves really start changing (they're starting to change some already) - it's gonna be beautiful. Hopefully I can figure out how to load a couple of pictures from our walk (from my phone).
Well, that's about it. I'm holding down the fort! Pray for safe travels for Kim, and a continual prayer for Hebrew (of course). I'm thankful for the new friendships I have and just the atmosphere of this whole community (even outside the seminary). People are NICE. What a blessing. Looking forward to walking to church tomorrow morning!
Thanking God for my many friends praying us through this adventure. Your comments and occasional emails definitely lift me up!
~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment