The Family - Summer, 2023

The Family - Summer, 2023
Love these people!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Can she make it???

Well, I'm feeling like one of those lost souls that gets tossed about by the waves depending on the circumstances. I hate that! Last week I was feeling pretty good because I did well on a Hebrew quiz and there was a touch of a lull (a false sense of thinking I had things together, I think!). Then I went to Hebrew this morning where we went over a verb exercise we did for homework and I had almost every one wrong -- and we only went thru half of them!!! That was followed by our last quiz in OT, and I think almost everyone felt like that was not the test they expected. I think many studied the bigger ideas, and he tested more on Bible content. Ugh. That's when I start thinking, once again, what do I think I'm doing here??!!!
I have some friends coming over tonight to go over our nine questions that we have to prepare and memorize for our church history final next Tuesday. I pray that it will be productive time together - we can't afford for it not to be.
My friend Mel got a bunch of women together Monday night for our first small group (care, prayer, share group). What a wonderful mix of women! My Vietnamese friend Mihn (she and I are the oldest), Mel (who's a very beautiful and young-looking 31), Tai & Katie (late 20's?), Anna (young mother/student/spouse-of-student), and Kristen (another young married). We may have another couple women joining us too. It was wonderful to share our lives, our small group experiences, our struggles, and then pray for each other in very real ways. I can tell I'm going to be living each week to go to our group.
Kim started work at Border's yesterday. He said it was ok. He does get 33% off though, plus any drink at the Seattle's Best coffee place for .30 - w/ his own cup!) They've scheduled him a lot more than part-time, which is good and bad. I think Kim would've liked to gradually gone into it, but God knows we can use the income.
Sarah sends me videos of Rilo eating out of a spoon and sticking out his tongue and blowing (what DO you call that??). I miss them all so much.
I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving break, but right now that looks so far away... In some ways I want to be SO done with all this, and then I think of what I've learned thus far and wish there were a few more weeks that I could actually just take what we've learned and discuss it more to the point where it would really go in - and stay in - because I really understood it fully. It would be really nice to remember all this, but I know much of it will fall away when the next trimester starts. Just doesn't seem right somehow.
How I'd love to be in God's word just to be in it and not just to check off the reading list, but I'm having a hard time in that area. My prayer life is better, but I think I just need to pull out an old devotional to work through - or start memorizing some scripture again like this summer. Loved that - and God really brought it alive and to fruition on so many levels. Yep, that's what I'll do (we'd talked about doing that anyway in our small group).
Well, my friends will be here in a little bit.
Lord Jesus, guide me and direct me in the coming days. Help me to use my time wisely. Help me to take time to do meaningful things/spend meaningful time with Kim. Help me to show him love so he feels even more valued. Bless my dear friends both near and far, and let all we do show You how much we love You. Amen.
~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment