The Family - Summer, 2023

The Family - Summer, 2023
Love these people!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Just a Short Update...

Much time has passed since my last post, but I have to keep this short as loads of homework have piled up. I survived midterms two weeks ago, out of the three I know two of the grades are A's. I don't know about Prophets & Psalms yet. Hebrew continues to be good one day and bad the next, but I did well on the two quizzes we've had.
This last week I've been struck first, with a horrible tooth ache and then as that was getting under control, a horrible cold! It has hung on all week, and the tooth ache isn't totally gone either. I only missed one class this week, but it was all I could do to drag myself to school, go to work study, and then come home and go to bed. I'm feeling a bit better today, but still had to take a nap. I'm tired of being tired!
It's scary to think that I only have three more weeks of classes before finals! My last final will be on Friday Feb. 26th, and that evening I'll be taking off for Cairo, Egypt with nine of my friends/fellow students!
We will be staying at the Evangelical Theological Seminary ( http://etsc.org/campus.htm ) in Cairo where we'll be taking a church history class as well as visiting churches and ministries in Cairo. Egypt is 90% Muslim, and the 10% Christian is mostly eastern Orthodox, so this should be very eye-opening! We'll also be visiting Alexandria and the library there as well as (of course) the pyramids. Oh, and I'm very excited to be visiting a monastery too. After hearing about so much of this stuff in church history last term, I'm excited to finally have a visual of the area. (Probably a lot like Grand Junction!!) Ha!
Kim is doing well, but somewhat discouraged. He was let go from Border's - they had too many people - so he's on the job hunt again. Pray that he finds something that's a good fit for him and our financial needs. He's still struggling with lots of back pain and finally has a doctor's appt. next week. Hopefully he can find some permanent relief.
Well, I really have to get back to work. I'm reading about The Destiny of the Righteous in the Psalms, and Calvin's Institutes, among other things!
Please pray for all the students at PTS. Everyone seems to either be getting sick or having very real health issues doing on. It almost feels like we're under attack. So lift up the campus for God's protection, provision, and healing.
Blessings to you all!
~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment