The Family - Summer, 2023

The Family - Summer, 2023
Love these people!

Monday, February 21, 2022

Another Year and Here we Are...

   It's always amazing to revisit this site and be reminded of what was happening the last time I wrote.  Almost an entire year to the day has passed.  I traveled a lot in 2021!  In May I flew with the Jensen's to Boston for Anthony's graduation from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary.  In August I visited the Saturno's in their new home in Carlisle, PA and then again in early December when I was blessed to fly out and baptize Vito (age 2) and preach at Anthony's ordination and installation service that same afternoon, December 5th.  What a wonderful day, and what an honor to be there and take part in it all.  In early January of 2022 I got to fly with my sister Ellen to FL where we visited my other sister Lee and my parents.  They were thrilled to have the whole family together - the first time in four years.  I am so fortunate to have had these opportunities.

  When I was returning from PA Kim fell and broke his other femur.  He had surgery and was then in behave for another couple weeks, coming home just before Christmas.  He's has a rough couple of months.  His hip is healing well and he's off all prescription pain meds, but the ataxia has been relentless and the added stomach issues (that we're learning may be ataxia related or may not be) have been awful as well.  To wake up five out of seven days in a cold sweat wrenching, then get the chills and feeling so dizzy you can hardly function and don't even feel like eating anything...a sorrowful existence to say the least.  It's been hard for both of us.  Kim will have an occasional day that's not quite so bad or maybe not have stomach issues, but the ataxia seems to get worse as time goes on.  It's truly amazing Kim isn't over the top depressed, but he listens to Charles Stanley daily (if not more) and hangs on to the hope that God is using this in some way for good, even if he can't see it.  God bless him.  He's tougher than he will ever admit.

  Change is on the horizon as my position at Rocky ends on April 30th.  I am going to apply for disability (I'm not legally blind) and hopefully can just work part-time as caring for Kim has become much more than it even was six months ago.

  Well, that's an update.  Hoping the next entries can be a bit more inviting, interesting and engaging!  I have a new laptop - so I'm hoping it will inspire me to write more.  Here's to inspiration!  G'night all.

~Sally 

No comments:

Post a Comment