The Family - Summer, 2023

The Family - Summer, 2023
Love these people!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One Week and Counting...

We had a wonderful "goodbye party" at church on Sunday. So many people from church and the community came to wish us well and bless us. I said it Sunday too, everyone should have a party or get-together at least once in their life where people will share what you have been to them in their lives. We don't tell people enough how much we love them and what a difference they have made. It's life-giving!
Our friends and family were very generous and gave us cards of love and encouragement as well as small gifts (we now have a Steelers "terrible towel" - thanks Jensens!)as well as financial gifts. The body of Christ is literally paying for our move. What a gift!
The house looks horrible! We've been without a dining room table for about three weeks now. We also sold the china hutch so the china was on the floor but I finally packed it yesterday. Most of the big and easy stuff is packed, now it's all the yucky stuff - medicine/linen closet, kitchen stuff, office stuff (ugh), and basement leftovers (stuff you have to sort through before you pack).
I started making a list of things we needed to do...it was a page and a half! Ahhhhh!!!!
Today is my sweet Sarah's birthday, she's twenty-seven years old! We were remembering how that was how old Kim's brother was when he passed away from brain cancer. I can't imagine losing a child at that age (at any age). It's been so nice spending more time with Sean too, as he's made a big effort to come over often. I will miss his big bear hugs... Amazing how much we love our kids...and how it can grow even more with grandchildren.
We've been BBQ'g at Ellen's a lot since Kim gave our grill to Sean (prematurely, in my humble opinion!). It's been great to get together so much. She's having a BBQ again this Friday and it sounds like some high school friends that we've reconnected with may drive over from Arvada to join us. Too bad we're only doing it now and not a few years back! Ah well, better late than never.
Well, it's almost 10:30pm and I think I'd better hit the hay. These days seem to be whizzing by with not nearly enough getting done!
I still don't think I've faced it head-on that we're leaving so many people we love. I know I'll be crying my way to Pittsburgh next week - and probably next Sunday evening at our Bibble Babble get-together.
God's been so good to us that we have so many people to love and who love us. Mind-boggling...

No comments:

Post a Comment