The Family - Summer, 2023

The Family - Summer, 2023
Love these people!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

House hunting in Pittsburgh..

Well we made it to Pittsburgh! It was 72 degrees when we landed this afternoon and it's been raining on and off all evening. They say it's been the dryest July on record! Wierd.
We have appointments to look at numerous houses and townhouses tomorrow. It's still wierd just getting used to the city. We drove by one of the houses we're going to see tomorrow. It's a duplex with a tiny yard in front and a front porch. The houses are so close together and the streets are very narrow. I can't even imagine parking our pick-up there, let alone the U-Haul!
I just keep praying that we can find the right place tomorrow so we can spend the rest of the time exploring. We'll see...as long as we find SOME place before we leave!
I've been memorizing scripture with the interns this summer. I've really come to love it! The biggest one I've learned thus far is Eph. 3:16-21, and then this last week I've been working on Col. 3:12-17..."Therefore as God's chosen people holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience..." The one I'm really holding on to though, is the one that we've carried in our checkbook on a now-tattered index card that reads, "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged." Deut. 31:8
I believe we'll continue to keep that in the checkbook...!
~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment