The Family - Summer, 2023

The Family - Summer, 2023
Love these people!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Things are moving along...

Our buyer stopped by again last Friday and told us he's writing up the contract tomorrow and didn't think his offer would be much under our asking price. Yeah! We've booked flights to Pittsburgh for this Thursday to look for a place to live. It's been difficult to search online beyond Craigslist since most property management companies seem to deal mostly in apartments.
We did find a couple houses, though, and one is two blocks from the seminary! I keep hoping that we'll see it and it will be perfect and then we can spend the rest of our time really checking out the Pittsburgh area. We'll see.
I started packing at home this weekend - the easy stuff - books. The real fun will be basement and kitchen stuff. I'm going to have to decide when my last day of work will be, too. I'm tempted to end sometime that first week in August so that I have more time to deal with the house. Our buyer said he was aiming to close on August 12th.
I started packing up my office last week...it's so hard to do any work! My head keeps swimming with all that needs to be done that it seems to paralyze me. Ugh... Another reason for ending things at work earlier rather than later.
In the midst of all this thought I got a call this morning telling me of a terrible tragedy - a young girl, daughter/niece/grandchild of good friends, who was killed in a car accident on the way to her uncle's wedding. It invades my thoughts and makes my own concerns and worries seem so small... I can't even imagine the grief.. So my prayers have changed from being so self-centered to more of this family going through this horrible time.
It makes me yearn even more to go see our grandson Rilo and hold him tight. So hug your people today a little longer than usual...tell them you love them...and thank God for the gift that they are.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Preacher Lady, Loved the blogs...I so appreciate your thoughts and musings during this this time of your life...electronic journaling is a wonderful place to process all sorts of issues...not ready to say goodbye to you yet, putting it off as long as possible! Stewie

    ReplyDelete