The Family - Summer, 2023

The Family - Summer, 2023
Love these people!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Almost over the hump

Well here it is a week later. I'm doing much better since my last post! Actually, I felt much better after writing that and then taking some time in prayer. I figured out why I was struggling so badly...I was trying to do it all on my own. I wasn't talking with God and asking for HIM to provide all that I needed to make it through this. Huh.
I can truthfully say that since I've been intentional about spending time with God each day, I have been able to handle whatever the day brought. Go figure! Ha! Easy lesson learned the hard way, once again.
I got back my Hebrew quiz from last week - 82! Woo hoo!!!! That made my week! I'm getting things, again, slowly. This week has been good because we're reviewing and doing exercises in preparation for the mid-term on Friday. I went to the tutor yesterday, and just continue to work at my vocab flashcards and translating.
Tomorrow is another quiz in OT Books that's a little intimidating, but apparently people do better on this one than the first one. I hope so.
The big kahuna is next week...our first Church History test (late mid-term aka, 3/4-term test). It's over 27 chapters from one book, and another 40 or so readings from another book. I just don't know if my mind can hold that much information! (Well, apparently not because I'm reviewing and not remembering a lot!) Insane for sure. So pray for the next week or so as I study, prepare, and take these tests.
My parents came Friday evening. We had a bunch of students over and I think they had fun getting to know some and visiting. We took them to the seminary and around Pittsburgh at bit. Not loads of sight-seeing as it was cold and rainy. Took them to our favorite bakery though! And Kim took them to Ikea on Sunday while I studied. They left yesterday morning.
We've made our reservations to fly to Denver for Christmas and then take the train to GJ on 12/26. We're excited to see the kids and Rilo, and then go to church on Sunday 12/27! Hopefully there won't be a lot of people out of town.
As I continue this journey (in this far-off land!) I continue to give it all to God praying that He will provide all that we need: rest when we're weary, strength when we're weak, $ when we're broke!, fellowship when we're lonely, and clear eyes and ears to see and hear Him when He's calling us to something. At times it still seems very foreign here, and at other times it seems like we've been here for a long time. I'm thankful for that...and I'm thankful for Facebook - as silly as that seems. It is one thing that keeps me close to those people I love who are so far away. (And cell phones too! Getting random texts, phone calls, pictures and videos from family and friends certainly helps bridge the distance!)
Lord God, thank You for bringing us to this place. Help us to shine Your light in our little corner of it, and to make a difference while we're here. Thank You for Your never-ending provision, Your undeniable love, and Your grace and mercy that covers a multitude of sins. Bless my fellow students and their families as we journey together, bless our teachers and the administrators who help us in so many ways, and bless You, Lord, for bringing us all here together 'for such a time as this.'
In Jesus' Name,
~Sally

1 comment:

  1. Sally, we'll be switching places as we're going to PA for Christmas, and not home until Dec 31. Hope it's not too cold there

    ReplyDelete