The Family - Summer, 2023

The Family - Summer, 2023
Love these people!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Two down, one to go...

Well I didn't do as well as I had hoped on my OT test - a "C" - but hey, I passed. The Hebrew mid-term was much better than previous times, but still I thought I had done better than what I got - another "C" (granted, it was REALLY close to a "B!" I'm thankful that it seems to be going in and maybe slowing down - just a hair - enough to digest a bit more.
I registered for the next trimester's classes - continued OT, continued Hebrew, continued Church history, and NT. Oh boy!
I've been stressing over my grades. On one hand, working so hard and only getting "C's," and on the other hand worrying about the GPA I need to have to keep my scholarship. I was sharing with Kim today that frustration and worry. He reminded me that God has provided up to this point, abundantly, so what makes me think he's going to stop if my GPA falls? Hmmmm, good point.
He also reminded me that I'm supposed to be enjoying this...and I'm trying to, but the stress sometimes overtakes the enjoyment! Living in the tension. How many times did I hear that working at First Pres?!! There's always something that's going on in our lives that makes us have to be intentional about balance and about trusting God. That tension of, "what if?" What if we don't have enough money to pay the bills? What if that medical test shows something bad? What if this relationship goes bad? Couple that with all the other 'stuff' we deal with in life... Seems that it all really boils down to trusting God - in the big and the little things of life...and many times what WE see as big things are really little things that we've blown way out of proportion.
So apparently the theme of this week is, "Trust God in all things, big and small." Do the best you can, try to love like He does, take one day at a time, and look to Him - for all that you need, to give thanks for the many ways He blesses us, to fess up on the things you messed up, and to praise Him for who He is and how He loves us so unconditionally.
I'm sitting on our patio with Charlie (the dog) sitting quite majestically in the chair next to me. The sun is shining (praise God!) and the trees are all colors of yellow, green, red and orange. It smells like leaves and the small breeze keeps the leaves falling continuously. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Praying I will always be able to say that and see that!
~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment